Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dealing with Uncertainty

Today I found myself in a dump of self-doubt. And I say that I found myself there, because it was a sudden realization.
I've made a lot of mistakes in life, and one the sad consequences of this reality is that even the most stoic individual in the world isn't going to keep putting faith in something that has been letting him or her down. There are people who are doubting my ability to succeed.

Doubt is very contagious. Hence, today's slump on self confidence. Also add in the fact that there have been some instances involving risk. Risk + total lack of confidence = Cocktail of poison.

I had to do something to break the cycle! Like in many cases where I need advice, I consulted the all knowing.....Google. Lame? Maybe.
I found a specific thread where a young man was asking for advice about his girlfriend's lack of self-confidence, and although HE didn't seem willing to listen to any advice, I benefited greatly.

(Link: Advice URL)

Reading through the posts I felt my resolve strengthening. I came to the conclusion that I can't let anyone's doubt or confidence that i'll succeed effect whether or not I actually do. I compiled some of the replies that stuck out to me, and I printed them out. Maybe this isn't the most accredited method for dealing with self doubt, but for me, all I needed was some reminders of who I'm REALLY succeeding for. Not for them, it's for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment