Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Jaffa Invasion


I saw him right away.
I was standing in a small room with windows in the wall and door. Through the door I could see a hallway that went for a ways to the left and then turned right. Directly across from the room where I was standing, there was another door with a window in it. This one looked into a much bigger room where a surgery was happening.
Probably just a spay or something, I've seen so many surgeries that it doesn't really matter.
He was wearing a brown sleeveless shirt and ragged work pants. Heavy work boots covered his feet and seemed to weigh them down.
He was a Goa'uld.

I shrank back from the door, trying to make myself small. The next little bit was a blur, but soon I found myself being chased down the hall, Goa'uld on my heels. I turned around because I couldn't outrun him and I knew my only hope was to fight him.
He threw me to the floor, and I thought to myself, "I need a gun!"
Like magic, a pistol appeared in my hands and I began shooting him. Soon I was able to wrestle free from him and run away.

After what seemed like hours, I was at the church where I went as a kid. The Goa'uld were everywhere! There was a mothership hovering over the gym, and myself and a few others were fighting the Jaffa. I decided my best bet was to hide and then come out when they had left. I was running behind the gym, heading for the corner of the building. I looked behind me and I saw a toxic green colored rain coming towered me. I knew the mothership above me was dropping acid in an attempt to stop me. I also knew that if I could just get to the the corner of the building I would be okay. The door to go inside was around the corner, and the Jaffa hadn't invade the gym yet. I tried to run faster, but it seemed like I was slowing down. There was just a few more feet to go, but by this point I was running so slowly I was actually using the wall to PULL myself along!
The green rain was creeping up behind me, I glanced back and saw the grass dying where the rain was hitting it only a few feet behind me. I pulled with all my might, moving my muscles as fast as I could, inching along at a snails pace.
I stretched out my arm as far as I could and grasped the edge of the building. I pulled myself past the corner just a moment after the rain hit me.
In the safety past the corner of the building, I rubbed the rain off of my skin the best that I could. It burned and my skin blistered under its harsh touch

I didn't have time to nurse my wounds though, I needed to get inside and find somewhere to hide.

Once inside the gym, I crept my way to the kitchen. I contemplated hiding in one of the ovens, but I decided that if I hid there, there was a chance one of the Jaffa would lock me inside and cook me.
While I was searching for somewhere to hide, I saw my mom and brother run out one of the side doors. I followed them, and saw, way down on the church's parking lot, a van with all of it's doors open.
The thought occurred to me that I could just...leave.

I ran out to the van with mom and my brother, Nathan. We all got in, and started out on the road towards home. I thought we were all clear, but then I looked behind us, and saw the mothership turn onto the road behind us. It was gaining fast and I knew we couldn't outrun it.

At this point, I decide that the leaving-in-the-van-thing was a bad idea, and so I undid it.

I appeared back in the gym, as if it had never happened. Now there was a group of ten or so people gathered there. They were all people that I went to school with. I joined them, and we stealthily made our way down through the church until we reached the fireside room.

Evidentially this group of people had found a secret hiding place and were going to wait out the Goa'uld invasion Ann Frank style.
One by one, we climbed up a ladder into a floored space above the ceiling. Here, I watched the Jaffa troops assemble and raid the church and surrounding homes.

Then, I woke up...

I've been watching a TON of Stargate. I've seen the Knox revive their dead, Apophis enslave the Jaffa, and SG-1 saving the world time after time.
I've been watching Stargate so much, in fact, that I've begun to dream about it.
Now my level of obsession would be categorized as moderate. I am definitely capable of having conversations that don't involve Stargate. I don't shirk schoolwork to watch the next episode, but I am pretty consumed.

The woman portrayed in the picture at the bottom of this post is at the other end of the spectrum. She has spent several thousand dollars buying props from the show, including the full-sized Stargate she's standing by.
The next picture is a guy who got stargate address symbols tattooed on his arm.

So although I may be pretty obsessed with Stargate, these people make my obsession seem obsolete.

(note to others with obsessions:
If you have a geeky obsession like mine, it's always nice to find the lunatics who are in fan clubs and such. Then, when someone comments on how weirdly obsessed you are, you can pull out your picture of the crazy Stargate chick and point out how obviously normal you are)

In reality, everyone has something they really love. My brother is obsessed with Geocaching. (if you don't know what that is, just Google it) He's found over 6,000 of them.
My obsession is Stargate.

My theory is that without things to be passionate about, people would be no different than computers. It's built into our bones, flowing through our blood; humans are creatures of passion, and what a truly wonderful thing it is indeed!

Link: Photo source

Link: Photo Source