Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years!

2011 has been an exceptionally rough year for many people including myself. The economy is still screeching forward, and natural disaster have been as common as the cold. However, like many people are at 12:11 am on the first hour of the new year, I have high hopes for this next year.

I, for one, have made an embarrassing amount of horrible decisions throughout 2011. To be honest, 2011 has been a huge identity crisis for me. I'm at the age where I have to live with the mistakes I've made, and I have to learn to love myself despite my shortcomings.

Determining what kind of person I am is a continuing battle, but deciding what kind of person I definitely DO NOT want to be, is slowly rising above all other issues as their superior.

My new years resolution is that I will be able to look back on 2012, hold my decisions and achievements of the year up next to those of 2011 and notice an improvement. I know this seems like a mild resolution, but stepping out of a year of regret, disappointment, and failure is difficult. I'm already up against a tough road, why make the destination Mount Everest? Mount Wycheproof is so much easier to climb, and sometimes, easy is good.

--------------------------------------------------

Mt. Wycheproof
The most frequently mentioned is Mt.Wycheproof in Victoria, Australia. This landform is 47 m high over the plains. On its slopes rests the town of Wycheproof. The landform is made of granite. On the east side is a quarry.

However, some claim that Mt. Wycheproof is not really a mountain. At its height, it should really be a hill. Again, this is based on the notion that 600 m is the minimum height for a mountain. The name Wycheproof is Aboriginal in origin. The name itself means “grass on a hill”.

Link: Mt Wychproof information
Link: Photo source